Blog #10- Morning Routines :)


Wake up, brush your teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast. The usual morning routine most people have. It happens so naturally people don't stop and think about how important having that routine is. It can be noticeable when you're having a rushed or late morning and can't do everything you usually do. It may set you up to have a bad day or attitude too early in the day. I know I am not feeling my best when I don't have time to do my hair or eat breakfast in the morning. No one wants to wake up and have a bad morning. 


There are many benefits of having a morning routine. Some benefits include greater happiness, stress reduction, increased productivity, better sleep quality, and boosted confidence. People with morning routines have a greater sense of gratitude and, therefore, feel happier throughout the day. One part of my morning routine is saying a prayer of thanks, and it gives me a minute to stop and remind myself of what I have and to be thankful for it. Taking your time in the morning to get your day started sets you up for a better day than jumping out of bed right before you have to leave. It also helps reduce stress in your day because you have time to think about what you're going to do and solve any problems. Also, having a routine in the morning is accomplished and gives you more confidence. It requires effort, but the benefits are worth it. 


 
                               Image source                                                            Image source


Here are some habits from Performance Health  that make a good start to the day: 

  • Wake up at an early hour 

  • Eat breakfast

  • Exercise 

  • Mentally prepare- meditate 

  • Take a cold shower 


Routines take time to get into, and it is harder to stay consistent if you change everything at once. Start by adding one new thing to your weekly morning, and you will soon notice you start feeling better. I still need to perfect my morning routine, but I am working on it. Learning about the benefits of writing this has motivated me to better my morning routine. I encourage you to do the same. 


Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts