Blog Entry #1- Flying High

One thing to know about me is I love traveling! I have always had a desire to see new places, try new foods, and see the way other people live. There is so much to learn and see outside our home state. It also makes work go by faster when you are looking forward to a trip!
The first reason why I love traveling is the sights. Both nature and the city have their own beauty. Living in the desert, we aren’t close to many water spots. I love to visit the ocean, lakes, and waterfalls. This past summer I traveled around Europe and saw some of the bluest water in Italy and Greece. It was so peaceful and beautiful! On the other hand, many countries have old beautiful buildings with rich history. It is amazing to see some buildings still standing from hundreds of years ago. It also gives you a better perspective of how people used to live and makes you feel thankful for the way we have it now.
Next, one of the biggest benefits of traveling is having an open mind. You see what life is outside of the one you have always gone up with. There are different people, cultures, and food. From traveling around, you can learn new ways that people do things and implement them in your own life. An example of my own life is, I really appreciate how slow the pace in Finland was. In America, everything is so fast-paced, and there’s always something to do. My experience in Finland was that people enjoyed whatever they were doing at the moment and weren't thinking about the next thing. That’s one way I am trying to live my life here, but it is definitely hard when our life is so busy. There is so much to learn from other cultural lifestyles.
The last reason why I love traveling so much is the food. I have a big love for food and like most things, so I like to try new foods. It is so cool that you can express your culture through food. You can read more about how food is a big part of a culture here Food and Culture. Food is also very important to many people and they are proud of it. An example of trying new foods while traveling was getting dumplings in Poland. They are a very popular food there and I have to say they were the best dumplings I’ve ever had!
There are many reasons why I love to travel and hopefully, I inspired you to want to take a trip somewhere new! I have already done quite a bit of traveling, but there is still so much to see. My next dream trip is to Japan, a big reason being the food!




Hey Gabby! I love the organized and simplistic look of your post! You made traveling sound even more exciting and fun than it already seems to be. The way you described the scenery sounds lovely and the picture you included looks absolutely beautiful. It’s interesting how culture is in everything from the buildings to the food. Not to mention, the people who live there and the lifestyles they lead. Finland sounds very carefree and peaceful. I agree that America can be extremely fast-paced, so I admire how you’ve tried to incorporate the way people from Finland live and just enjoy the present moment. That photo of the dumplings from Poland look very yummy, they’re making me hungry. I also believe it is good to have an open mind as well as learning from other cultures, so I’m definitely inspired to try traveling to somewhere I haven’t been to before!
ReplyDeleteReading your blog has made me want travel. You made it seem really fun and that it will be a fun experience. Your blog is really good you have it well organized. Jonathan Navarro
ReplyDeleteI love that you talked about such a unique hobby! Many people decided to go with something more lenient and home-bound, but I love that you chose something that can be so exciting. I also never thought about how traveling and culture sharing can affect a traveler. Amazing example of the differences between America and Finland, now I reflect on how my past trips have changed me, even in the smaller ways. Beautiful pictures as well!
ReplyDeleteHi there, I really loved reading this. remind me of some of the trips I have done while also exciting me about ones I have planned for the future. Traveling is my favorite thing to do and after reading this I cannot wait to go again.
ReplyDelete